Thoughts after 2 periods Red Wings, Bruins Game 5
- The Bruins had plenty of opportunity to put the Red Wings away, and didn't. Boston's Milan Lucic let a golden scoring opportunity slip off his stick and then took an ill-advised penalty. It changed the momentum of the game toward the Red Wings. Bruins took it back, though, thanks to the refs.
- Pavel Datsyuk has been a saving grace for the Red Wings in this series For all the talk about the "kids" during the season, they gotten lost in this series. Datsyuk, on the other hand, has shown up.
- Horrible and unnecessary penalty by Danny DeKeyser late in the second period after the Red Wings had turned momentum.
- The Bruins are poised, but the Red Wings are making this a lot tighter than anticipated, especially considering how Boston dominated the early portion of the game.
- Jonas Gustavsson has played much better the last two games than Jimmy Howard performed in the previous two games for the Red Wings.