Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thoughts after 8 innings, Tigers, Red Sox ALCS Game 1

- This is the ultimate example about why PITCHING IS THE GAME.  All other factors pale in comparison.
- The Tigers have left too many runners on base in this game. It's the type of thing that can be haunting in the end.
- Fans are getting all over Joe West, the home plate umpire. I have no idea why MLB assigned him this game because of his many issues, but I do believe he is calling a good game behind the plate so far.
- You can tell the Red Sox haven't seen Anibal Sanchez much. They swung at so many pitches out of the strike zone. They made adjustments third time around, but couldn't get the hit.
- It's one thing to strikeout this many of Oakland's hitters, but it's a much bigger accomplishment against the Red Sox. It's a tremendous pitching performance. The Tigers' bullpen is coming through so far. I can't say I anticipated it. That's the best breaking ball I can remember Jose Veras throwing, and I saw him pitch quite a bit for the Astros before the Tigers' acquired him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home