Monday, March 22, 2010

On Tiger, Sid The Kid, Izzo And Pac Man...

NOTE: I WILL BE DOING AN ON-LINE CHAT FROM 11:30 AM TO 12:30 PM TUESDAY AT THE OAKLAND PRESS.COM

What Tiger Woods said during his short interviews with The Golf Channel and ESPN were predictable. What struck me more than anything else, though, is the look in his eyes. Is it just me, or did the guy look incredibly sad? If so, that might be a good thing. Maybe a sign he is truly contrite.

- Gee. I wonder if they will boo Sidney Crosby at Joe Louis Arena tonight? Or whether there will be cheers for him from overzealous Canadians? We are a border town, remember? You know who really deserves nothing but boos is Matt Cooke. He has to be the biggest cheapshot artist ever play in the NHL. And that's saying something.

- My statement on MSU beating Maryland under improbable circumstances? Hook, line, sinker. Everybody bit on Izzo's motivational tools for this team, and have grossly underestimated the Spartans. Yeah, even with Kalin Lucas hurt.

- If I were the Lions, I'd pass on Pac Man Jones. His trouble sheet is just way too long.

My column in Monday's Oakland Press on Michigan State. What's the surprise? Really: http://tinyurl.com/yj9aze4

My column in Sunday's Oakland Press: The Bar Has Been Raised For Oakland Basketball http://tinyurl.com/yg9mnem

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Tiger is shaken because his mansion came down like a house of cards.

I hope he's sincere and learned a lesson.

But, Iiiieya don't know.

Something screwed up his value system big time, dad, fame, fortune? There is evidence that his value system was screwed up at Stanford.

Maybe, but this could be a visage for him and the Tiger corporation.

He is an extremely smart guy, that puts this whole thing into unbelievable question. A bunch of bimbos?

2:09 PM 
Blogger Fred Brill said...

Pat, Willis keeps showing good results. Is it possible he shook off the shakes? Still don't think he will last till first forty game mark in rotation.

Puzzling spring training this year.

Tiger is sad. Can't fake that expression of defeat. Statement that he is stronger than ever is a mantra he must say to convince himself, cause he sure looks shaken and stirred.

Sad to see so many happy to see anybody broken like that. Ahh the American dream I guess.

11:01 PM 
Blogger Pat Caputo said...

Anoymous,
Yeah. That's the disappointing part. I've always viwed the guy as too smart to have something stupid like this happen to him.
Caputo

2:02 PM 
Blogger Pat Caputo said...

Fred Brill,
The regular season will tell on Willis, but so far so good. I'm still skeptical, but hoping I'm wrong him.
Caputo

2:03 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home