Thursday, March 11, 2010

Honestly, I Don't Want To Know How I'd Do On The Wonderlic Test

I would make fun of people not scoring well on the Wonderlic Test, but to be honest with you, I‘m not sure how well I’d score. I think of all the testing done through the NFL’s draft process, I think it’s the least accurate. And I also think it puts an undeserved stigma on players who don’t do well on it.

- Count me among those who feel like Cliff Avril is still going to be a good player.

- I’m far from convinced about Scott Sizemore and Austin Jackson. That is still the most iffy factor for the Tigers - those two rookies. Do think their pitching will be fine. Lots of depth there.

- Double-whammy for Twins is leaving Metrodome and losing Joe Nathan. After Joe Mauer, they were best things going for that franchise when it came to winning games.

- How come every time there is a nice day at this time of the year I want to get out a baseball and throw it? Doubt that feeling will ever leave me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here Here Pat... how 'bout a little catch...

3:44 PM 
Blogger Fred Brill said...

I did well on the wonderlick test - but I think I must be thinking of a different test - she whispered the results in my ear ...

... anyways ....

(what the hell is a wonderlic test?)

I think we have to let Austin Jackson mature in center field in Comerica - and learn big league hitting in the line-up. I'll bet he proves to be a big asset before the forty game mark.

But Sizemore is obviously still hindered by the ankle - and is thinking more about working around it than adjusting to the bigs.

We need another infielder. I would still rather see Guillen at 2nd and let Damon have left all to his self. I heard you shoot down that idea earlier this pre-season - do you still feel that way?

I hear ya about throwing a ball around. My girls have been playing ball since the end of January - in a gymn - but the smell of the grass mixed with the soft Georgia red clay with a little line chalk in there ...

I used to love taking infield practice and I would kill (or brutally mame) to be a kid again this time of year.

I think I'm getting a little teary just thinking about it.

7:00 PM 
Anonymous William said...

I understand your point about the Wonderlic test but if I were an NFL owner and I were about to give several hundreds of thousands of dollars to a player, I'd want to know if he could learn my team's system. Look at some of the bonehead plays that happen every year in that league, I'd be willing to bet that players on successful teams have higher than average Wonderlic scores.

10:00 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went to the Tiger game yesterday, and was shocked how paid the team looked. To only get three hits in 9 innings against some minor league pitching is a scarry sign of things to come. Evan Verlander didn't look that good. Jackson miss played one ball and didn't know when to throw the ball in to the cut off man alowing a run. Tiger Fans it could be a LONG SEASON!!!!

1:53 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home