Monday, April 06, 2009

Prediction Time On The Final Four And The Tigers

I only filled out one bracket before the start of the NCAA tournament. It had Michigan State winning it all. I figured a darkhorse often comes in. Didn't see much sense in just taking the prohibitive favorite - North Carolina. And Ty Lawson's status was iffy coming into the tourney. State's rugged style of play reminded me of its best teams under Izzo during the late 1990s and early this decade, but I had no idea they would peak to this degree.
I look at tonight's game like this: If it were a seven-game series, I would pick North Carolina in six. The Tar Heels are more talented than the Spartans, just as tough and every bit as deep. However, I believe for one game - especially in the special setting that will be Ford Field tonight - the Spartans have a 50-50 chance of winning. And being that I picked MSU at the start of the tournament, I'm not going to change it now.
Final score: MSU 80, NC 77

Tigers prediction:

Hey, have to make it before the first pitch on opening day, right? I say the Tigers will win 83 games this season and finish second, three games behind the Cleveland Indians, in the American League Central.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

Pat, that a close prediction but, is a sale coming soon. If they can trade Maggs and Company for pitching that great. Outfielders are truly a dime a dozen. DD did do a nice job of reducing payroll down to 115 million, if that figure is accurate.

11:47 AM 
Blogger Pat Caputo said...

Barry,
Can I take back my prediction after those two games?
Caputo

1:32 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home