Thoughts after 1st quarter Lions, Packers
- You have to give Micah Hyde credit for a tremendous return, but what is Sam Martin doing punting the ball straight down the middle like that? There is a reason teams punt to one side or another, not down the middle. It is because the sideline then takes away one direction, preventing a big return. That was bad punting as much as bad coverage or a brilliant return.
- Green Bay running back Eddie Lacy was coming off a concussion the first time the Lions faced the Packers at Ford Field. He is obviously much better prepared for today's game. He is running very hard, which only made the Lions' goal line stand more impressive. That was a character moment for the Lions, the type didn't pass at all in the past Lambeau Field.
- What an absolutely travesty it is that DeAndre Levy wasn't voted into the Pro Bowl/ Actually, he should be a first-team All Pro.
- This type of game, outdoors in December, is tailor-made for Joique Bell's running style, but he still must take care of the ball. The near lost fumble by Bell wad disturbing.
- Late this season, Eric Ebron is coming on. It's kind of remindful of the development Herman Moore made his rookie season many years ago.
My column. MSU victory over Baylor would solidify its status as everything Michigan wishes it could be: http://www.theoaklandpress.com/sports/20141227/pat-caputo-msu-victory-over-baylor-would-solidify-its-status-as-eveything-michigan-wishes-it-could-be