Thoughts halftime Jaguars, Lions Friday
|Ndamukong Suh: Bad penalty|
- For an undrafted player, who has bounced around the league a little bit, Lions' defensive end candidate George Johnson does show considable promise. His sack tonight wasn't that unexpected. He does show a lot of explosion off the edge, especially for a player who didn't even come close to double digits sacks during any of his seasons at Rutgers.
- Way too many penalties tonight for the Lions. Not a good sign.
- Beautiful catch and run by Eric Ebron on the first play of the second quarter. His potential is unlimited, and he should show brilliance sooner instead of later.
- Boy, you can really see live just how much mustard Jacksonville rookie QB Blake Bortles has on his fastball. A rocket. He does seem to have some accuracy issues, though.
- Darius Slay is playing very well tonight. Heads up play at the end of the quarter when Bortles faked clocking the ball.