Thoughts at the end of 1st quarter Vikings, Lions
- Reggie Bush's bearing on the Lions' offense isn't overrated. He makes a huge difference. If both Bush and Calvin Johnson remain healthy, it's difficult to image they won't have big seasons.
- I didn't understand, after the apparent Johnson touchdown reception was overruled upon review, why the Lions weren't more aggressive after that. It was almost as if they settled for a field goal. The two play calls after the play was overruled showed a blatant lack of aggressiveness.
- Despite the TD being overruled, Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford made a very good throw on the play. He did so throwing off his back foot and side arm.
- Joique Bell is an excellent inside runner with a very good feel for picking his way through the clutter. He has a knack for making tacklers miss when he gets the ball in space. His mediocre 40-yard dash isn't much of a factor. He is very functionally solid NFL running back.
- What is it with the drops and Lions' tight ends? It's like Tony Scheffler has caught the disease.