Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Come on, Inge and Jackson didn't get jobbed by not receiving Gold Glove Awards

I think Brandon Inge and Austin Jackson are above-average players defensively. At times, even spectacular.
But I don't think either one of them was jobbed by not winning a Gold Glove Award. I think Evan Longoria is a better defensive player than Inge, and that Franklin Gutierrez is a superior center fielder to Jackson, at least at this point. I like how there was a right fielder (Ichiro Suzuki) and a left fielder (Carl Crawford) in the AL Gold Glove outfield this season
You know who I think got jobbed? Alexei Ramirez of the White Sox. In my opinion, he is the best shortstop defensively in the American League - much better than Derek Jeter at this stage of Jeter's career.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Contrary Guy said...

I haven't listened to the radio in a few days. Are there really people saying that Brandon Inge deserves a Gold Glove?

Can make a spectacular play, gets to a lot of balls but makes a ton of errors on routine plays. Above average primarily due to his range but nothing to write home about.

I think this town is on a collective psychedelic trip when it comes to Inge.

2:59 PM 
Anonymous elset said...

I'm not necessarily saying he should have won, but Inge did have fewer errors and a higher fielding percentage than Longoria (and just about everyone else). I don't get into sabermetrics and all the fancy fielding stats, so I can't speak to those.

And of course, as we all know, hitting stats should NOT be considered in Gold Glove award voting, even though every year that's clearly not the case.

Just sayin'

4:57 PM 
Blogger Fred Brill said...

I still have my fingers crossed for Jackson to get AL Rookie of the year.

11:26 PM 
Blogger Barry said...

Pat, how does a ss no range left win a gold glove? I hope the Yanks sign Jeter to a 4 year old contract just like Posada. Is Lee sure about all the groundballs that should be outs turn into soft single as Jeter and A-Rod have the worst range in baseball? These contracts will bring laughter. Kind of like the Twins laugh at us for signing T Jones and the White Soxes laughing when we sign the Nate Bomb and Willis to three year deals.

9:08 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home