Three Reasons Matthew Stafford Should Start Sunday
1. I believe he gives the Lions a better chance to win. The ball comes out a lot faster and defenses don't crowd the line of scrimmage as much with Stafford at QB as Daunte Culpepper.
2. He needs to play at Green Bay, where the Lions haven't won since 1991, to gain the ultimate road experience.
3. It would give him opportunity to establish himself as the Lions' offensive leader. It might lead to confusion if Culpepper were to start this game entering the bye week.
- Maybe it's not such an advantage Michigan State isn't playing Ohio State this season. It won't be if the Buckeyes run the table in the Big Ten. The Buckeyes still have to win at Penn State and Michigan. For the Spartans, the game at Minnesota could be difficult. A night game at Minnesota outdoors on Halloween? That just sounds scary. Then again, the Gophers might not be in the best way after back-to-back road games at Penn State and Ohio State. And Minnesota has already lost a couple games in its new stadium.
- I like everything about the Phillies over the Dodgers in the NLCS except one key element - the Dodgers have much, much better bullpen.
- Everything Alex Rodriguez did in the ALDS won't mean a thing if he doesn't come through now.