Red Wings Victory Best Yet This Spring
Consistency is the key. Their play was much more persistent Sunday. Although I am still not sure Chris Osgood is the ultimate answer in goal, he has been very solid so far. And he has been tested, particularly by David Legwand, a number of times, on Sunday.
I think, too, it is encouraging from the Red Wings standpoint that all their lines are contributing. Jiri Hudler has played particularly well. He has great puck skills which often seemed negated by a lack of size and strength, but his performance in the playoffs thus far has been a pleasant surprise. They need Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg to score more, though.
If I’m the Wings, I’m hoping San Jose wins this next series. The Flames are built better for the playoffs than the Avalanche. Also, it would be nice to see the Wings-Avs rivalry renewed.
- You know the Tigers’ pitching is struggling when five runs allowed is considered a stellar performance.
- The Pistons loss Sunday was disappointing, but won’t be fatal. I expect them to rout the 76ers Wednesday.
- For the alleged "best backcourt in the NBA," Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton sure didn’t perform like it Sunday. They were the biggest reason the Pistons lost.
- 76ers point guard Andre Miller is fun to watch. What a terrific player in a subtle, yet remarkably, effective way.
- People often underestimate the Spurs because they underestimate Tim Duncan.
- The Tigers sure could use Jair Jurrjens about now, couldn’t they?