Thoughts halftime MSU, Michigan
- One of the best things about Trey Burke is he doesn't feel the need to force the action. He plays to the pace of the game. He has savvy far beyond that of even the most mature freshmen. He picked his spot to take over this game with it closing in with 5 minutes remaining in the half. Great feed. Great steal and basket, despite excellent defense from the Spartans' Draymond Green.
- The Spartans gave Zack Novak a couple easy looks at the basket. Too easy. They have tightened up on him since. He's at a stage of his career where he isn't going to miss open looks in a big game at home like this.
- The Spartans are so focused on the perimeter they haven't necessary done a good job of protecting the rim.
- The best part about Evan Smotrycz is he is not afraid. He has no fear to shoot nor go the basket. Just plays his game. Agressive offensively.
- Great to see Crisler Arena without an empty seat and pretty much everybody in maize. Great basketball tradition at Michigan has been revived. Renovations are very nice. Big upgrade.