There are plenty of reasons the Red Wings are winning - these are five of them
1. Jimmy Howard - Nobody is questioning anymore the wisdom of Howard receiving a two-year contract extension worth $2.25 million annually late in the regular season. Do you know where the Red Wings would be without Jimmy Howard right now? Golfing.
2. Niklas Kromwall - Not only is he dishing out tremendous physical punishment at times with crushing checks, but he has been a steady influence getting the puck out of his own end and offensively. The best hockey he has played for the Red Wings, and Kronwall has been a good player for a long time.
3. Henrik Zetterberg - Doing his typical rising-to-the-moment act in the postseason. Fabulous two-way player.
4. Pavel Datysuk - If there is a better forward in the world, I don't know who it is. Playing effectively through injury. His grit and toughness are vastly underrated.
5. Nicklas Lidstrom - Can you imagine the Red Wings' without him? Me, neither.
Honorable mention: Patrick Eaves (Has made a lot of key plays and very good defensively. Tough player) Jonathan Erickson (Has really emerged these last three games, and in every facet).