Friday, April 09, 2010

Did Babock Make A Mistake By Playing Osgood?

I don't know for sure if the Red Wings would have beaten Philadelphia on Sunday if Jimmy Howard started in net instead of Chris Osgood, but I do know their chances of getting a fifth seed for the playoffs would be a lot better had they won that game. It does lead to second guessing of Red Wings coach Mike Babcock.

Random Thoughts

- I have little doubt Michigan State wide receiver Blair White can play in the NFL. Not only will he be a very good special teams player, but he will contribute significantly as a receiver.

- I've learned down through the years to expect a cold day like this for Opening Day. A nice, warm sunny day is never expected. A cold day with clouds is the norm. A rainy day, which today is not, isn't unsual.

- The Frozen Four would been much, much more interesting had Michigan been participating. I think the Wolverines probably would have given Boston College a better game.
Should be a good title game, though, with BC and Wisconsin.

My column in Friday's Oakland Press on opening day: http://tinyurl.com/yaqg4bj

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat,

I agree with you 100% about Blair White. I see him as a perfect fit in the Indianapolis Colts offense. Do you agree?

Lil Rob

11:53 AM 
Blogger Pat Caputo said...

Lli Rob,
I think he could play for Indy for sure. He's also tall enough he could eat peanuts of Mike Hart's head.
Caputo

3:30 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home