Nothing But Praise For The Red Wings
- They can’t say Chris Osgood is just the benefactor of playing with a great team in front of him. He’s made several key and timely saves and has outplayed Jose Theodore by a wide margin in this series.
- Johan Franzen is a budding star. He closed the regular strongly and has been even better during the playoffs. Come on - eight goals in nine games. That’s the stuff of a potential Conn Smythe Trophy winner. The Mule has extraordinary hands.
- Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg were outstanding Tuesday. Those two, along with Nicklas Lidstrom, give the Red Wings three of the Top 10 players in the NHL.
- Mike Babcock has had the golden touch as coach. He switched to Osgood at just the right time during the Nashville series, his decision to play Darren McCarty over Aaron Downey was the right one and he has made the proper moves in terms of adjusting his game-night lineup.
- Niklas Kronwall is on the verge of becoming a great player. He has been the Red Wings most-underrated player during the playoffs.
- Don’t discount Dallas because the Red Wings have owned the Stars in the past. They are clearly better built for the playoffs this spring, and Mary Turco is a much better playoff performer than he used to be.
- It is hardly a coincidence the Tigers have started playing much better baseball since Curtis Granderson returned to the lineup. Looks like he is going to be returning to Yankee Stadium later in the season - for the All Star Game. Amazing how he keeps getting better. That injury didn’t throw him off a bit.
- What a find Clay Rapada has been. Every time the Tigers have turned to the guy, he has come through. That was a huge out he got Tuesday night.
- Hey, how come nobody is calling sports talk radio lately begging the Pistons to trade Tayshaun Prince? He has been the Pistons’ one constant during their series against the 76ers.